The Restaurant Investment Group was founded by industry leaders and service providers who identified inefficiencies in how chefs craft, fundraise for, and open Greater Boston’s hottest chef-driven restaurants. We offer a novel concept for the industry, providing chefs/owners with capital, service providers, and experience; providing investors with diversification and transparency; and providing landlords and communities with the desired, interesting, and independent chef-operated restaurants.
We formed the Restaurant Investment Group not to eliminate the risks of restaurant investing, but to try to manage these risks. We aim to do so in a number of ways:
- Board of Advisors to vet prospective investment candidates.
- Restaurateurs must select from approved consultants and service providers, offering services at standard or discounted rates (no premium billing), who will provide business oversight.
- Diversified restaurant portfolio.
- Opportunity for economies of scale among restaurants the Fund invests in.
- Chefs retain creative control, brand, and ownership.
The Restaurant Investment Group is pleased to offer four diverse dining options in its family:
- MIDA, a South End Italian Trattoria,
- Cultivar, Downtown Boston’s seasonal, sustainable, locally focused restaurant,
- Moon Bar, a casual bar with a New England seafood menu, and
- Mooncusser Fish House, an upscale seafood restaurant overlooking Boston’s Park Square.
Mooncusser Fish House, and its Moon Bar, opened August 2017 in Boston’s Park Square at 304 Stuart St.
Cultivar opened June 2 and is located at the Ames Boston Hotel at 1 Court Street in downtown Boston.
MIDA opened in November 2016 and is located at 782 Tremont Street in Boston’s South End.